Canyon Soil Conservation District to Purchase an NO-Till DRILL
Canyon SCD Supervisors are happy to announce the purchase of a 2020 Great Plains 1206NT NO-Till Drill that will be available to rent.
There will be more details of the contact information, rental cost and location of the drill coming soon
Financial Benefits of No-Till Drills
• Add grazing value of $150 per acre by using cover crops as a feed source
• Reduce or eliminate the need to till
• Save on fuel and labor costs by reducing the number of passes through the field with tilling
• Reduce the wear and tear on equipment
• Plant crops earlier due to fewer ground preparation requirements
• No-till drills save around $100 per acre for each crop planted based off fuel and labor savings.
• Growing diverse crops increases the soil organic matter and biodiversity, which increase the water -holding capacity.
• Cover crops provide nutrients for cash crops, suppress weeds and reduce erosion from wind and water. Adding legumes into your rotation fixes nitrogen into the soil.
• By reducing disturbance in soil, organic matter remains in the soil that improves plant health and increases water retention
This video must be viewed prior to renting the drill